Business booming? It’s time to install access control
If you’re a business owner, whether large or small, you’re likely to be concerned with your security – and rightly so. Taking the steps to protect your livelihood, including premises, stock and staff should sit high on your business checklist. And the best way to do this? Installing access control.
What is an access control system?
Access control systems do exactly what their name implies; they control access to a resource. Most often, the resource is the business’ building or specific rooms within the building. When you install an access control system, you gain the ability to monitor and restrict access to different places and people.
Does my business need an access control system?
It’s crucial for businesses, of any nature and of every size, to keep important, secure data inside and threats on the outside. All businesses acknowledge this basic security concern by placing locks on the door and giving keys to employees that need to access to the rooms inside.
Traditional keys are not cost effective. Keying and rekeying your business each time an employee leaves or every time a key is lost or stolen can be costly and time consuming. Luckily, there is a solution. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, your business would benefit from an access control system.
• Could my employees, building, data or clients be more secure?
• Would a lost/stolen key be an immediate security threat to your business?
• Do I need a record of when someone enters or leaves a door?
• Do different employees need different access privileges?
• Would it be beneficial to restrict or allow access based on time or day?
Benefits of access control
Access control systems are available in a variety of types and sizes, with custom solutions optional for every company. Depending on how you run your business, there are also several ways to grant access. The most common means of entry for staff include allocated I.D. badges or fobs – these are embedded with a radio frequency for wireless entrance or you can use keypads with individual security codes.
A professional access control system offers your business some great benefits, including:
• Lost or stolen keys – It is an expensive process for a business to completely rekey each door when keys are lost, stolen or not returned by former employees. It is also a security risk if the locks are not changed. Access control systems allow you to easily remove access by deactivating the I.D. badge or other security credential. This can save your business time and money and prevent losses.
• Time/day restrictions – Do you have certain employees that should only be there at certain times and days. One example is your janitorial staff. If they only come one or twice a week at night, it makes more sense to restrict their access to those times than to give them a key that allows access at any time or day.
• Remote access control – Many systems allow for control of all of the business’ locks from one main system. With these systems, you can easily and quickly lock down your business in an emergency as well as add and remove credentials.
• Audit trail – With an access control system, you will have a record of every opening and attempted opening of each door or area. The audit trail can be valuable in resolving employee issues, such as time card disputes.
We are proud partners with Paxton, global market leaders within access control security. If you’d to learn more, simply give one our team a call on 0161 883 2502.
Every business owner understands the need to keep their valuable assets and data inside; whilst keeping threats to security firmly on the outside. An access control system helps business do just that in a simple user-friendly way. Don’t leave it up to bad luck; take control and book your installation today.